Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We are all home now

It has been a little over a week since we have all been back from the Maccabiah games in Israel. Almost all the pictures taken over the 3 week trip have been posted somewhere on the internet. Most of them on Facebook. We have tagged eachother hundreds of times to make sure everyone gets the photos they are in and even the ones we aren't in. I have uploaded about 250 pictures myself and have collected over a half dozen news articles which we (the futsal team) are featured in. (If you want copies please let me know).

Over the past week, most everyone I have talked to weather it be from the futsal team, soccer teams, softball ....(yes I know... its a sport....the girls won the gold so we have to be nice), the administration, the judo team, fencing, swimming, cycling, basketball, and volleyball we are all in agreement. We all wish we were still in Israel. I dont know what its like where you live but here in Cleveland its been raining and it might have reached a high of 77 degrees.

I WISH I WAS STILL IN ISRAEL...sitting on the beach or the pool, walking the streets or the market, trying to talk to the non English speaking Israelis and other people from around the world. Man was that a great trip.

So if you have been following the blog you would have noticed that after we beat Finland on Friday there was no other post to the blog until now. Well that is because of a few reasons. One, the internet over there is expensive and not very good. Two, we were on the beach or the pool almost every day and the sun fried our brain so we couldn't write anything. Three, way to time consuming to worry about writing anything since our days were packed with nothingness. And lastly four, besides drinking, sitting on the beach, eating and a little bit of shopping we didn't do anything. Well a few (4) of us made our way to watch the girls open soccer team beat Israel in the finals.

Now since we have been back a few of us have been working on trying to organize ourselves for the Australia games in December of 2010. YES!!! we are doing this again. As of right now there is no budget worked up (that will be done in April of 2010) so we do not know what this will cost us. The number I was given was somewhere between $5000 and $7000 per player. I laughed and said in that case I will raise $10,000 for every player on the team. Thats when Jed Margolis laughed at me and said good luck. Um...I think we should work it out with Finland, England, and a few other teams to just meet every year in a different location and party and maybe play some futsal. As it turns out, the England team wants a rematch against us...you know to show that our beating them the first time was a mistake...just like a revolutionary war was...ha....and Finland said if we would like to go to Finland they would be more then happy to hook us up and take us out. As it turns out they are very nice guys who like to have fun. They said there are about 15000 Jews in all of Finland...I said there are more then 15000 Jews in all of Cleveland. They were surprised when I said I have more synagogs in my tourn then they have in their entire country.

So at least we have that going for us. Lastly the Australians are very friendly and have envited us to visit them any time we want. I have their contact info along with the guys from England and Finland if anyone (I mean IAN) ever wants to venture over...or backpack in that part of the world.

So with all that being said....Ladies and Gentelman thank you for following us on this trip. We will continue to update this blog when new information is presented to me. I will also be updating our web site and the facebook page. Please let me know if you would like to add anything to the blog and if you would like to follow us on our trips around the world in person. (We would just have to raise more money if you want to come along)

Till then....happy days and futsal dreams from the Team.....CHEERS!!!

(I am not a dork.....)

No comments: